Welcome to our simple English blog about the Huon Valley. We write this blog for backpackers on a working holiday and for other travellers like you.
Your best banking options
Hey backpackers! 🙋🏻♀️ 🙋🏽♂️ Are you coming to the Huon Valley in Tasmania on a working-holiday? Then you need a place to bank your pay and take out money from home.
If you have not chosen your Australian bank, Westpac is a great choice for many travellers. Westpac partners with banks all over the world. It is part of the Global Alliance network of banks, which include popular banks like: Bank of America, BNP Paribas, Barclays, Deutsche Bank, ScotiaBank, and many others. This partnership will save you money if you belong to a partner bank in your home country. You can find out more here.
Another great choice is ING. If you put enough money into your bank account every month, then ING charges no fees for local and international purchases, worldwide. What a great deal! You can find out more here.
Banking near Huonville
Good news, you have many options for banking near Huonville, including: the post office, local banks, ATMS and banks a short drive away. I will talk about each of these.
The Australia Post Office
Did you know, in Australia you can bank at the post office! Yes, it’s true. And it makes banking very easy here.
Australia Post in Huonville is open from 9am to 5pm, Monday through Friday. Almost every bank in Australia lets you put money in and take money out at Australia Post. This includes the two banks I told you about — Westpac and ING. You can find out more here.
You’ll find Australia Post in Huonville next to the roundabout.
3 Local banks
We have three local banks in Huonville. Here are the current details for each bank:
- ANZ Bank
- Open —
- Monday to Thursday — 9:30am to 4pm (16:00)
- Friday — 9:30am to 5pm (17:00)
- Phone — 13 13 14
- Address — 31 Main St, Huonville (next to the roundabout)
- Website — https://www.anz.com.au/locations/?qu=Huonville
- Open —
- Bendigo Bank
- Open —
- Monday to Thursday — 9am to 4pm (16:00)
- Friday — 9am to 5pm (17:00)
- Saturday — 9am to 12pm
- Phone — +61 (0)3 6264 2264
- Address — 5/13 Main St, Huonville (near the bridge)
- Website — https://www.bendigobank.com.au/branch/tas/community-bank-huonville/
- Open —
- Commonwealth Bank
- Open — Monday to Friday — 9:30am to 4pm (16:00)
- Phone — +61 (0)3 6264 2330
- Address — 42 Main St, Huonville (next to the Huon Valley Council)
- Website — https://www.commbank.com.au/personal/locate-us/tas/huonville/067008.html
There are also six 24-hour ATMs in Huonville:
- ANZ ATM — at the ANZ bank, next to the roundabout (31 Main St)
- Bendigo ATM — at the Bendigo bank, near the bridge (5/13 Main st)
- Cashcard ATM — at the petrol station near the bridge (5 Main St)
- Commonwealth ATM — near the hardware store Mitre 10 (42 Main St)
- Commonwealth ATM — at the Commonwealth bank, next to the Huon Valley Council (42 Main St)
- Westpac ATM — at the roundabout, near the flower shop (35 Main St)
Other banks nearby
You can also find these banks near Huonville
- Other banks in the Huon Valley — Bendigo has banks in Cygnet, Geeveston, and Dover.
- Banks in Kingston — If you travel 25 minutes to Kingston, you can find the major Australian banks, including Westpac, Commonwealth, NAB, and ANZ.
A place to stay…
And of course, if you need a place to stay while you’re backpacking in Huonville, you should come stay with us at Pilgrim Hill. We offer beds at $20 a night or $126 a week. You can book here.
Till next week, safe travels!